quinta-feira, 25 de fevereiro de 2010

Lhasa / Kathmandu - 11th Day

Rong Buk Monastery (5100m) - Old Tigri (4350m) - Camping (4450)

Distance - XXX

I woke up in a kingdom of cloud's. Unfortunately I couldn't see for one last time the majestic Qomolongma. I felt sorry for my new companions that got up very early in the morning to have the chance to see the Mount Everest. Since the very moment they set their tents there was a huge and thick barrier that stuck between us and the Mount Everest.


Because yesterday the sky was clear, I had plenty of time to do what I wanted. Resting was, of course, on the top of my task list. However, around noon I said farewell to Base Camp. I went down to Rongbuk Monastery to meet my road mates, those I had met for several times, days before. We settled to meet somewhere near the Everest Base Camp and there they were, setting their tents beside the Monastery.


The assemble consisted of six companions, from different nationalities: three Italians, Spanish, a English and a German. Excluding the German, each one of them were somehow used to this kind of journeys. The hours passed by slowly as we talked about us, our countries and the trip we were doing. Because of the bad weather, they planned to visit the Base Camp in the next morning.

Today the road was waiting for me again but my body was begging for more rest…I woke up torpid, in a heavy body and claiming for more resting days…however after having the breakfast I was feeling strong again and steady to move towards the unknown and to jump to the same dusty road that I cycled two days before. To my joy I cycled no more than a few kilometers on the same dusty and busy “highway”. One hour after I left Rong Buk I turned to a small bumpy road that would take me to Old Tigri. This was the kind of road I was hoping to find since the beginning of this trip. An old and small bumpy road used only by locals. Finally…the chance of being hit by the crazy cars and their frenzied people came to an end.


Since the first meters I got the feeling that the road would take me to some special places...and I was right. At the end o f the day my heart and mind were full of joy…my wishes were achieved…Truly this was the kind of road I was dreaming to cycle in Tibet…the road to somewhere in the middle of nowhere! Once again I experienced the wide, magical and thrilling landscapes but this time almost without signs of human presence. I crossed only a few villages and just from time to time a few human faces were seen. There were moments that I felt like I was in one of the remotest places in Asia and living an ancestral time…Beside the landscapes, the road offered small and quite places, those kinds that only the bumpy roads can offer.


This day came to be one of the best's days of my trip :-)


This was my journey to Old Tigri...







One of the few faces I had seen on the way to Tigri. A shepherd that came to me with a big smile and with his eyes always shut :-)








A message to some friends :-)

Old Tigri

Sem comentários: